Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kumusta ka na?

Hey everyone!

I'm back in the MRC in Manila.
Tuesday night I called President after we got back from the Susuya's
(WHO ARE AWESOME AND I LOVE THEM!) and asked if I could leave
Batangas. I knew that the next day he had zone interviews in Mindoro,
and the port to that island is in my area. So I asked if he would pick
me up on his way back from there and take me to the mission home or to
the MRC.

President and Sister, the AP Merriam and Malit and the
Hansens picked me up around 4:30. I said a sad goodbye to Williams and
Waldrom and really I have just been refusing to talk about or
acknowledge my feelings. The last week I have just been cracking jokes
that only I think are funny, to get my mind off of the 15 hours of
in-air time on airplane's that I knew were close at hand.

Last night I slept at the Mission Home for the first time! It was
really nice. We had dinner with all the missionaries that live at the
Mission home/office. I got to talk to president all by myself for a
really long time and that was a really special experience. I learned
so much about myself from his views of me, how to be a better
missionary, and he gave me some very good advice. He told me to help
teach the Missionary Prep class in Idaho. I told him I didn't have
enough experience but he said that I would do a really good job. 

This morning I went with President and Sister to the Training Check-up
meeting in San Pablo. It was a little weird to be there...because I am
not training and was companions with the Peterson's. My plan was just
to sit in the back and observe, but president insisted that I sit next
to him. So I sat in-between President and Sister Peterson. They are
very nice, it was a little weird for all the missionaries to look at
me and wonder what in the world I was doing at their meeting....but it
was very good and I learned a lot still. Afterwards, I talked to a few
of the missionaries I know like Perez, Parry, Neilson, Toro, Richards,
and Martinez, and soon I left. President told me that I had a choice.
I could go to Ramzey's with all the other missionaries or President,
Sister and I could go to Manila and eat something nice at a real
restaurant! Let's just say I chose Manila! And we went to TGI Fridays
and I got a real nice Mango Smoothie, Nachos, and a nice big Steak. I
LOVED IT! I have missed REAL meat. And that was the best smoothie of
my life. It has been really fun to spend some good quality time with
President!

We arrived at the MRC after taking a picture at the temple and I was
very happy to see sister Teaotai again. I have missed her IOUWUE and
AIYKIONIRA!

I'm safe and sound right next to the temple once again. And I am just
waiting for my exit visa. Sana (hopefullly, wishfully) I will get it
bukas but I don't know what is going to happen.

Kita Kitas malapit na!

Sister Hellewell

No comments:

Post a Comment