Monday, January 6, 2014

Buhay Pa! that means I'm still alive.


 To catch you all up on Stephanie.  She was sent to Manila to the hospital up there to have her heart checked out to make sure that there isn't something wrong with that.  Looks like she has a good heart!
Here is what she wrote;


 Well after telling me it couldn't be costocondritis because it
doesn't hurt when I touch my ribs or sternum... the doctor put me through
those millions of tests and stuff. Now, he says it must be costochondritis... which he gave me some sort of meds and said if it isn't 
better in two weeks come back. 
Well I'm not feeling any better than when I got here to Manila, so I'm not sure what they are gonna do to me. I will have to talk to Dr. Jackson first. I just hope they let me
go to the temple again before I go back to Batangas!

Well. Kita Kits!
Have a good day!

Remember to be grateful and be like Christ!
Mahal Kita!    
Sister Hellewell


The Manila Temple up close!
My first good look at it!!!!!
She went back to Batangas today so we won't here from her again till next monday.  Here are a few pictures and thoughts she sent when she was in Manila if you want to read on.


Hey Mom and Dad!

How are you doing? I'm in manila right now, and you guessed it, I'm
still sick, but I'm actually doing better than I was. I'm in the MRC
right now, or the Missionary Recovery Center. IT IS AWESOME! We're
talking a dream on Steroids here... Warm showers, AIRCON, an oven,
home cooked food.  We arrived here with a very warm welcome there are four of us missionaries here, two elders and me and teaotai.  

We just spent all day at the hospital getting tests done for three of
us.  It is a REALLY NICE HOSPITAL we're talking American nice. it also has a Dairy Queen so I got a butter finger blizzard! 

Yesterday we were just stuck here in the MRC, we slept, the elders taught me a Filipino card
game that is similar but different and much better than scum. I will have to make sure I write down the logistics so I can teach you later. We also got to watch a movie yesterday! We had options... church movies or it’s a Wonderful Life. We watched the wonderful life.... man
it sure takes his life a long time to get wonderful! Jokelang.




                                                                         
AP Merriam told us that last Christmas his parents sent him a package that both me and Sister Williams could have fit inside the box. We were in quite an awe at how big that package would have been! Then.... Elder and Sister Smith (Our couple missionary) brought us a new fan! Because our other one died. It was quite sad to only have three fans in the house. But anyways they brought us a new and really good one! Since it was new it came in a box... Sister Waldrom said...I bet sister hellewell could fit in that box! So of course I just had to try! (At this point I had only left the house once in the last 5 days to go get medicine when all four of us missionaries were sick, and had only left 4 times in the last 10 days or so, so I was really bored and in grave need of entertainment!) But I fit! So a box that elder merriam had received must have been a little over two times that size! Joke... but yeah. I did stretch the box a bit.. and put the other three sisters into a fit of laughter with me trying to get out of it... but it was quite fun!






The four of us missionaries when we were sick.


Me and Teaotai at the apartment. She was in a lot of pain and I was
trying to distract her by doing random things... Did you know they
don't have the 3 little pig’s story in Kiribati?















No comments:

Post a Comment