Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I figure that this title today is very relevant to life right now. We are already starting to celebrate Christmas here and we sing Christmas songs in church and stuff... People here are very christian and sure do love their holidays! 

Also MC Lagado entered the waters of baptism this week. Through her trials and much effort on her part she has learned for herself that the Book of Mormon is true, and that we have a living prophet here on the earth today. She knows with no doubt that Christ’s original and true church has been restored to the earth through the power of god to a prophet, named Joseph Smith.

She is awesome. 

She now has not only been baptized by someone holding authority (She was a member of the catholic church previously) but she has been baptized by immersion, just like our lord Jesus Christ. She has also been given the Gift of the Holy Spirit and is now     entitled help from God, through that gift, every moment of her life. 

This Baptism is pretty much the highlight of my life, so I hope that you can all feel the joy I feel through these words in this email. 
  

That's pretty much all I want to say about this last week. I was sick, it was miserable, and yeah it pretty much just sucked until the baptism. We did have Zone Conference though and that was awesome! Me and some of the sister's sang a song titled “A window to his love”. It was awesome maybe you can find it on youtube or something! 

(here is a link to the song put together with pictures.  Hopefully it will work for you)

zone conference


I'm including a picture of me sister Baird, sister Harris, and sister Pitman. We are the Tayabas sisters... and everyone in Tayabas keeps mixing up who is who... can you guess why???



Anywho. I love you all! And I’m excited to start this next week. Sister Harris is working with me and Baird this week until Thursday when I will get my new companion. I don't know who yet! But I know she will be awesome! Wish me luck! And if anyone has some good advice on training that'd be great! I don't even completely know what I’m doing myself and sure don't know tagalog yet! But I’ll be fine as I rely on the strength of the lord. 

Have a great week friends and fam! I'm going to SM today so I’m gonna buy me some American chocolate... that will make me very very happy and start out this awesome week right! 


Love, Sister Hellewell

This is in barangay kamaysa near Mc lagado's home... it is beautiful huh??


No comments:

Post a Comment