Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sickness and a Change of Heart

kamay ni jesus 
Last Monday we went to Kamay ni Jesus, Or Hand of God in English, in lucban the next area over. It was pretty awesome! It was just us four sisters from Tayabas and we had a great time! It is a catholic site that has statues that go through the life of Christ and other important events from the bible like the Garden of Eden or Moses or Noah’s ark and stuff like that. I'll send pics it was really fun. They also have a Giant Jesus at the end on top of the hill. I've never seen a statue so big in my entire life! 


kamay ni jesus 
kamay ni jesus 








kamay ni jesus-Noah's Ark 














kamay ni jesus 













kamay ni jesus 

kamay ni jesus 

























I've also pretty much been sick all week long. I got a sore throat Monday night, and since, I’ve had a cold, cough, sore throat, headache one day, ear ache one day, pretty much all that jazz... pretty much it sucks. I haven’t gotten any better, but I haven’t broken a fever yet despite how hot it has been, so that's good. But I’ve not gotten any better cause I refuse not to work because we had some extra meetings this last week and we needed to see our investigators. Good thing we did because MC lagado asked us if we were going to be at her baptism in october. Well I guess first, she accepted a baptism date on Tuesday, then on Thursday she asked.... and well we said one of us wouldn't be, I guess she has noticed the plethora of companions I have had..... anywho we said no and so she said she wants to be baptized before we leave, since she has been attending church and meets the requirements, she is set to be baptized on Saturday! So we are really excited for that....

I also had my training meeting and most of my batch from the mtc is training. It was so great to see them! We are all a little scared to be training (especially since there is only 1 philippina sister coming, and 19  others either American, Australian or islander) but it looks like I’m the most confident about being able to train since I’m the only one whose been companions with someone who doesn't know tagalog... so I guess I’m good. This will definitely been an interesting next transfer.... the little kids down the street are gonna go crazy when another barbie starts walking around here... but I guess I don't even know if I will be transfer'd yet so I guess we will see...

Not a lot happened this week other than, that with so many meetings in faraway places.  But I love you fam! 


Sister Hellewell

snail in our apartment


Sister Baird and I eating snails

snails we eat

No comments:

Post a Comment