Monday, August 19, 2013

The Best Ward Council in the World and a New Trainer

OH MY GULAY!  Well I sure have had quite the biggest adventure in the history of my mission, according to my mission president. Lots has happened, and I’m sure that it is just the beginning to a new crazy adventure here in Tayabas!! (Also oh my gulay is a phrase I picked up in Candelaria that I can't seem to get rid of, gulay is vegetable) 
First off I would like to define trust:
Putting two white American sisters who are not fluent in Tagalog one with 3 months down in the Philippines and the other with only 6 weeks experience and only four weeks in a new area that is being opened. All in the Model stake for the mission. Without a cell phone. Living with sister's who are gone a 1/3 of the time.  (model stake means that only our stats are reported to the area presidency each month)

That my dear friends is trust. And the Lord and my Mission president sure are trusting me and Sister Baird right now. He sure is helping us a lot too. As you know sis Basa is sick and still at mrc. I have been given a new trainer! With only 6 weeks more experience than me. It sure is an adventure opening a new area with a language barrier but we have sure hit the ground running out of our own efforts. Also, we have possibly the best ward council in the history of the world.... Kuna... take an example of this! They came together and all the auxiliary leaders gave us two or three sometimes more of names that they want to contact with us to share the restored gospel with their friends. This is such an act of faith and we are so excited to get the ward working with us better than in the past and the 21 referrals are going good  for us.... some stats for the world are: one out of every 250 people contacted by missionary efforts alone results in a new member of the church but one out of every eight referral given by and contacted with members results in a baptism..... the stats say it all folks... and with the humble faith of the members here in tayabas. Prepare yourselves to see miracles ladies and gents! 
Before this little transfer happened I was so scared and nervous. I had a feeling that my new trainer would be new too and American as well.... But as I said in my journal we never grow I guess if we don't do things that scare us. Me and sister Baird can do what is necessary, we can invite other's to come unto Christ and teach them the restored gospel.  We may not be able to do everything other missionaries can and we may not be the best at everything. But the lord is trusting us and he truly is qualifying us to do his work here in the lucena zone. My tagalog has increased so much! I think my prayers have also doubled and my sincerity increased as well.... I would not be able to do this without the gift of tongues and the power of discernment and the lord truly is blessing me when I need it. Also, as in 2 Nephi 33:1 “…for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.”  The holy ghost will teach what I cannot say as I am teaching with and also BY the spirit. I got sick this last week because of lack of sleep and because of all the travel and nerves but I’m fine now. It was hard, but I refused to take a rest and me and sister Baird saw a lot of success because of our actions of faith. I am under a lot of pressure right now to succeed but I’ll be fine. I live with the Sister Training Leaders; my new District Leader just got transferred from being the AP so if we need anything, experienced help is close but I know that most importantly the lord is on my side and really really really helping it! 
Here is a quote: 
"Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ truly is the high priest of good things to come." Jeffrey R Holland
Well, I hope you will be ready next week to hear the adventures me and Sister Baird are getting ourselves into! 

Mahal, Sister Hellewell

No comments:

Post a Comment